Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Cornetto Trilogy: Part II

Hot Fuzz is my favorite of the “Cornetto Trilogy”.  The movie has a natural flow to it that is just seamless.  I would easily put this movie on my “stranded on a desert island” movie list.

Hot Fuzz is the story of a cop who gets transferred, and gets paired with a moron for a partner.  I liked the idea that someone who has successfully accomplished everything in his career gets sent away to essentially start over.  Nicholas Angel is an officer who enforces the law and loves it.  Therefore, he gets promoted to Sergeant….in the countryside of Sandford.  Things are not as they seem in Sandford though, and Simon Pegg (as Nicholas Angel) and Nick Frost (as Danny) are back to rid the town of its cruelty.

The action-based cuts are clean, the swan gags are hilarious and the action is better than ever.  The action in the last 20 minutes of the movie is so good, I felt like I was watching a Tony Scott film.  After a climactic brawl between Simon Pegg and the legendary Timothy Dalton, this movie leaves you eagerly anticipating the final chapter of the trilogy.


Hot Fuzz is one of my favorite action/comedies, and it is because of Edgar Wright.  As a director, he understands the genre perfectly.  Finally, an original movie that you can watch over and over again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment