Monday, February 1, 2016

Fantastic Fantasy Fun

Willow is yet another movie I had heard of, but I had never it seen until now.  Fantasy is one of my favorite genres because the creative possibilities are endless.  I loved this movie, and I am so glad that I finally saw it.

Willow is the story of  a dwarf who must protect a baby from an evil queen.  Lined with great chase sequences and dazzling special effects, this movie reminds you of the glory days of epic fantasy tales.  Of course, anything that spews from the mind of George Lucas (at least anything in the 80's) is bound to be magnificent.  Willow also benefits from having great characters that you fall in love with right from the beginning.  Aside from a silly spell that turns people into pigs, I was absolutely dazzled by this movie.

Any time Warwick Davis is in a movie it makes me smile.  He has been in many great movies, and always leaves a lasting impression.  In Willow, he plays the title character of Willow Ufgood.  Willow is a reluctant hero, as many heroes are, who finds the power within himself to destroy evil.  Warwick Davis is perfect as the character, and this will probably go down as his greatest role.

I have so much personal respect for Ron Howard as a filmmaker.  I have always held him in extremely high regard, and nothing will ever change that.  He does a fantastic job of bringing the world of Willow to life, with so many great characters and environments.  You not only believe in the world, you want to be a part of it.  That is the magic that Ron Howard brings to this movie.

Willow is a classic fantasy tale that is revered by all the fans who have seen it, including myself.  Sometimes you love a movie so much that you cannot wait to watch it over and over again.  If you have not seen Willow, do yourself a favor: stay in on a Friday night and watch it.  You will not regret it at all.





No comments:

Post a Comment